I’ve posted a few of my IDA plugins on github. Though simple, I’ve found their functionality quite useful when reversing firmware and RISC architectures:
- Defining ASCII strings not defined during IDA’s auto analysis
- Defining undefined bytes in the data segment as DWORDs (allowing IDA to resolve function/jump table pointers, etc)
- Defining undefined bytes in the code segment as code/functions
- Finding references to any highlighted text (such as registers and immediate values) within the current function
- Auto-naming MIPS stack variables generated by the compiler for storing registers ($s0-$s7, $gp, etc)
Hopefully others will find them useful as well.